How to find happiness?
Ayurveda believes ‘Sattva’ as the secret of happiness. When the mind is in the state of Sattva, it is calm and peaceful, you enter the state of untainted, pure happiness. So what is it that you must do to attain the coveted state of Sattva?
It is simple, you do not need to buy anything.
- Just sit down in a calm room for a few minutes, take a few deep abdominal breathes and feel the air circulating through your nose to the lungs and back out through the nose.
- Imagine, as you inhale, the positive energy of the universe is entering through the crown of your head, and as you exhale, the negative energies are leaving through the soles of your feet.
- Do this for 10-15 minutes every day, and feel the sensations in your mind – that is true happiness. Gradually, increases these sessions as long as you want.
Ayurveda Beginner’s Guide: Essential Ayurvedic Principles and Practices to Balance and Heal Naturally
Ayurveda is a profound science with wisdom spanning so wide that it can be difficult to know exactly where to begin. As an Ayurvedic consultant, Susan Weis-Bohlen helps those who are new to Ayurveda address this exact issue. In Ayurveda Beginners Guide Susan explains of the holistic principles behind Ayurveda, and offers gentle guidance for incorporating its restorative practices in your everyday life.
Simple tips to calm your mind after work
- After the day at work, clean up and lie in the Shavashana position in a calm room. In low volume, play some soothing music.
- Close your eyes and recall the name of your body parts from the top of your crown, going down, until the soles of your feet. Repeat this process for a few times. Don’t keep counts. Just repeat the process until you begin to feel calm.
- Once you feel calm, slowly sit up. Drink a cup of Ayurvedic tea, no caffeine! Instead of watching TV or going back to your laptop or mobile phone, read a good book for an hour.
- Eat a light and nutritious dinner and 30 minutes after dinner, take some Triphala powder with half a cup of lukewarm water. This will keep your bowels clear and remove toxins. When the toxic load in your body decreases, you feel lighter and happier.
- Wake up early. After cleaning up, practise the steps of attaining Sattva mentioned above.
Read more from: